Sunday, September 20, 2009

Just in Case You're Going to the Temple Soon...

**READ THE POST BELOW THIS BEFORE THIS ONE SO IT MAKES SENSE** ;)

Here is a list of the ordinances I have waiting to be done in my New Family Search account. If you call me, I'll give you my name and password so you can print a few out for your family temple outings.

1) The Graham Family (Aunt Anna Davidson's children)
Leona, Stella, William R., Jesse, and Lizzie May

2) Martha Davidson (our great-great-great-grandfather's sister who has never had her work done...the last of her siblings!)

3) Sarah Barnes

4) John Demorest & Catherine Beemon Brink and their children:
Thomas Edison, Albert, Ethel Leona, Merrick Albert, Ormand Elsmere, & Carmel Leland

5) William Hefflin

6) Fergus M Trimble Graham and his wife Huldah

7) John W. and Nancy Whitely (our great-great-uncle and his wife...his sister was Thaddeus Constantine's wife)

That's the work I've put together so far. I haven't even entered and checked the 38 names I found the other day. This is it.

There is a lot of checking a combining information in the New Family Search database, but it was designed for that very purpose. Justin explained to me that once you get on and start connecting information between other people's lines, every time you make an update, everyone your connected to gets updated as well. So, no need to worry about duplicating each others work. There are not a million different family trees floating around the church database. There are fewer and fewer each day as members connect to each others' lines. Basically, Dad and I see the exact same thing when we log into our separate accounts now because when I started I entered info that connected me to him immediately. It's so easy!!

Call me for explanations and names when you're heading off to do temple work. I love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting! I wish I was able to go to the temple right now, but I'm excited to at least get started with some family history work. Thanks for the info., Joe!

    ReplyDelete